McDougall Mill
MUSEUM

On the Bonnechere River
in O'Brien Park

Arthur Avenue,
Renfrew, Ontario

(613) 432-2129


Open Daily ~ July and August
10:00am - 4:00pm 

         

* Tours Welcomed any time *
 Group tours by appointment


The beautiful,old mill was built in 1855 by John Lorn McDougall, a prominent politician and fur trader. The mill museum is now home to many interesting pioneer tools, machinery and household items. There is also a wonderful military section, doll exhibit, toys,Victorian clothing and other collections.Included in the many exhibits, are some personal items which belong to Renfrew native and former Ottawa Mayor, Charlotte Whitton.


© Ottawa Valley Guide 2001