ARNPRIOR & DISTRICT
ARCHIVES


21 B Madawaska Street,
Arnprior, Ontario, K7S 1R6
Phone/ Fax: 613-623-0001

E-Mail : ADArchives@hotmail.com

   
                   
                                                                                                                                                            

 
                                

         " Where the past is kept alive ..."       

The Arnprior & District Archives is a multi-municipal institution established by local volunteers  as a non-profit, charitable organization, serving the citizens of the Town of Arnprior, and McNab / Braeside Township. The Archives was established to acquire, preserve and make accessible important historical documents pertaining to the history of the area.

   Archive Holdings Include:

  • Business records and family documents of the Gillies and Stewart Families , two of the earliest mill owners in the area, and other collections pertaining to the lumbering industry.

  • Women's Institutes have chronicled community life in the Tweedsmuir Histories of Braeside,Arnprior, Pine Grove, and White Lake

  • Newspapers of the district from as far back as 1888 are available on microfilm at the Archives along with several family collections which document the life and times of area residents.

  • Cemetery records , assessment rolls and census records for the area will be of interest to genealogists and family history researchers.


For more information and
to visit the Arnprior and District Archives website

Click here to visit the ADA website...

please click on the ADA button